Agreement For Hire – EC4 Camper
1. Our Agreement
1. East Coast 4×4 Campers is the proprietor of the vehicle and included camping equipment from here on known as “ EC4 Camper ” listed in the schedule to this Agreement
2. The hirer will hire the EC4 Camper specified in the schedule from East Coast 4×4 Campers upon the terms and conditions in this Agreement.
2. Hire of EC4 Camper
1. The hirer is entitled to use the EC4 Camper, for the hire period listed within the schedule and for any agreed extension of the period.
2. The hirer agrees to return the EC4 Camper to the agreed location on or before the end of the hire period as outlined in the schedule. Late return charges apply.
3. East Coast 4×4 Campers will not refund any hire charge if the hirer elects to return the EC4 Camper prior to the end of the hire period, regardless of reason.
4. You acknowledge the EC4 Camper is fitted with front and rear cameras, as well as GPS tracking. You allow us to store this data, and review this data in case of an accident, any damage or loss, or breach of contract.
3. Payment for rental
1. EC4 requires a 10% deposit upon agreement of hire.
2. An additional payment of 50% is required on or before 3 months of the date of hire.
3. To finalise your booking the total sum of hire is to be paid in full, one week before scheduled pickup date
4. A security bond of $7500 is required at the time you finalise your booking. This can be paid by direct debit or credit card. We accept Visa or Mastercard.
4. Cancellation Policy
1. Cancellation of the initial 10% deposit will incur a $50 administration fee.
2. Cancellation of your booking after paying the 50% deposit, within 3 months from pickup of vehicle is non refundable.
3. Cancellation of your booking after paying 100% within 7 days of pickup is non refundable.
4. All attempts will be made to rehire the vehicle, and if so your deposits will be refunded.
5. Drivers license and age restrictions
1. All drivers of the EC4 Camper must be listed on the contract as a driver of the vehicle and must be over 25 years of age or older to be listed as a driver of the vehicle.
2. All drivers must hold a currant motor vehicle driver’s license for this class of vehicle
3. If you are an international customer and hold a driver’s licence in another country, you acknowledge that laws and driving regulations may differ in each state and territory in Australia. This outlining it is your responsibility to carry an international drivers licence and any other necessary documents required.
6. Camper use and operation
1. EC4 Campers are only to be used for recreational purposes and to carry only the people listed on the contract. No animals, registered assistance dogs allowed.
2. EC4 Camper will have a full tank of fuel when you pick up, please ensure the tank is full when returned or charges will apply.
3. The camper must not be driven if it is in an unsafe condition.
4. You must not allow the camper to be driven:
5. No smoking in EC4 campers, this means within the vehicle cab or camping compartment.
6. You must ensure the camper is returned to EC4 clean of excessive mud, sand, dust or odour. If the camper returns in an unreasonable condition you will be charged for cleaning.
7. Tolls and traffic offence charges will be passed onto you.
7. Loss, damage or breakdown
1. The hirer will be responsible for any loss or damage to EC4 Camper (fair wear and tear excepted) during the hire period.
2. Upon return, EC4 Camper will undergo inspection by our team. Any missing or broken camping accessories or damage to the vehicle, will be deducted from the security bond. Regardless of fault.
3. If there is a breakdown or failure, EC4 must be notified immediately. All attempts will be made to have the camper repaired straight away. Alternate
accommodation will be organised if the camper needs to stay overnight in a workshop.
8. If an accident happens
1. First check if anyone is injured, within or out of any vehicle involved, your first obligation is to render assistance to any injured person and have someone call 000 immediately.
2. When safe take some photos of the accident and any damage, the onboard camera will have captured the incident, do not accept blame or insist it of someone else.
3. You are legally obliged to swap all personal details with the driver of any other vehicles involved. A picture of their drivers licence will help. Also get the details of any witnesses to the accident.
4. Report the accident to EC4 as soon as possible. We will help with vehicle assessment for drivability and any emergency plans for transport and
accommodation. This is not at the expense of EC4.
1. The owner will maintain current insurance policies in respect of the EC4 Camper to its full insurable value.
2. You acknowledge that not all damage and or loss is covered by insurance, whether you are at fault or not.
You understand that East Coast 4×4 Campers has the right to terminate the rental agreement and repossess the EC4 Camper. You will also be required to pay the reasonable cost of repossessing the EC4 Camper, including towing. You also understand that in the event of a repossession you are not entitled to a refund of any payment made for your booking.
We will repossess the EC4 Camper if we reasonably believe that:
1. To the full extent permitted by law the hirer releases, discharges and indemnifies the owner from all claims and demands on the owner arising out of or consequent on the use or misuse of the equipment during the hire period.
1. The hirer will assume all risks and liabilities for and in respect of the EC4 Camper and for all injuries to or deaths of persons and any damage to propert how so ever arising from the hirer’s possession.
The covenants, agreements and obligations contained in this agreement will not merge or terminate upon the termination of this agreement and to the extent that they have not been fulfilled or satisfied or are continuing obligations they will remain in force and effect.
If any provision of this agreement is wholly or partly invalid, unenforceable, illegal, void or voidable, this agreement must be construed as if that provision or part of a provision had been severed from this Agreement and the parties remain bound by all of the provisions and part provisions remaining after severance.
16. Governing law
1. This agreement is governed by the laws of New South Wales.